On Sunday evening, I opened up my WordPress account and the most amazing thing happened. I had a notification (which you should know by now makes me SO happy) from my blogger friend who amazes me daily with his posts on The Living Notebook, and he awarded me with The Lovely Blog award! This is such an honor, and I cannot believe this amazing writer things that highly of my blog. Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU!
This is my first blog award, and I could not be happier to be the recipient of such an honor.
From the blogs I have seen nominated, the norm is I tell x number of things about myself and nominate x number of bloggers for the award. I’ll stick with The Living Notebook’s rule and do 5 and 5.
So here goes…
Five Things About Me
1. My favorite novel is The Alchemist. I first read it when I was in transition from post-undergraduate life directly following my college graduation. I had no idea where I was going in life, but I knew this single piece of literature would help get me there. It gave me much personal guidance and still apply many of its beliefs to my everyday life.
2. I love prime numbers. Couldn’t tell you why. There’s just something about a number being indivisible by anything except for itself that gets me going. (My favorite number, however, is not prime.)
3. I just received my iPhone 5 yesterday and beginning to wonder how I ever lived without it.
4. I am 21 years older than my youngest sibling.
5. Until I was 18 years old, I thought dew fell from the sky each night. It was on the night of my high school graduation party when I walked outside onto the wet grass and said, “Oh! The dew must have fallen already!” that my 14-year-old cousin corrected me. I have never lived that moment down.
Five Nominees for the Award
1. Heart Mama- heart-warming thoughts and feelings about motherhood, her pregnancy, and life
2. P. H. Davies-thought-provoking conversations about society, gay literature, and gay interest articles
3. Peach, Plum, and Orange-amazing photos always guaranteed
4. Mike Lyle’s Blog-the kind of blog that challenges me to push my goals farther and redefines my thought patterns
5. Dreamlife Moments-a collage of happiness shared through words, moments, pictures, and laughs
To my loveliest five: you can choose between the two images.
Sweet and simple:
I couldn’t be happier for my first blog award! It’s amazing to think people other than my mom and boyfriend read this thing. Hope you enjoyed this post!
(Oh, and my favorite number is 6.)